Our Respect For The Environment
At Woodlands Pet Resort, we feel it is our obligation to do everything as environmentally friendly as possible. The Greenville and Asheville areas are too nice to trash. For this reason, we have made a number of changes to keep our business GREEN.
- SOLAR POWERED- We are putting our money where our mouth is. Woodlands is proud to announce installation of our first solar grid! By February 2015, we will be producing green energy to power part of the kennel. Thanks to Sunstore Solar in Greer, SC for the install! We appreciate and respect what you do!!
- WE RECYCLE – Everything that can be recycled is. Our trips to the dump usually contain more recycling than trash.
- BOTANICAL EXTRACTS SHAMPOO – Our pet shampoo is made with a mixture of herbal extracts including Aloe Vera, Chamomile, Rosemary, Lemongrass, Hops, Yarrow, Matricaria and Balm Mint. This shampoo is safe for pets of all ages and is gentle on the environment.
- ORGANIC GARDENING – All of our potted plants and landscaping use organic soils and fertilizers.
- WATER CONSERVATION – We minimize our water usage, helping to conserve this valuable resource.
- BIODEGRADABLE, PLANT-BASED DETERGENTS – We use naturally derived laundry detergents, free of phosphates, dyes, and bleaches.
- RAIN WATER RECOVERY– Attached to our newest kennel building, we have installed a 1,000 gallon rain barrel. Now our landscaping can be maintained using a minimal amount of city water, conserving this precious resource and helping to minimize out impact on the environment.
We will continue to do whatever we can to promote earth-friendly practices here at Woodlands Pet Resort. We look forward to hearing from you with new ideas to further this endeavor. If you have ideas for how we can make Woodlands Pet Resort greener, contact us.